Our Safety Guidelines and Practices
EDGE Soccer Programs is dedicated to the safety and health of our players, families, staff, and coaches and is our highest priority. We have been and will continue to monitor & follow CDC, NCDHHS, state, and local guidelines closely for our safety protocols to keep Edge families & staff as safe as possible.
Below are our updated protocols as per CDC and NCDHHS guidelines as of 8/19/2021. We will continue to follow CDC and NCDHHS recommendations/guidelines for our safety protocols to keep Edge families & staff as safe as possible. Our updated protocols are also a reflection of recent data trends of COVID-19 and the Delta variant, dramatically increasing number of COVID-19 cases, and the news conference of Gov. Cooper & Dr. Mandy Cohen on 8/19/2021.
ALL Edge coaches, staff, and camp counselors are fully vaccinated.
EDGE New Procedures - Effective 8/20/2021
- All players, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask to enter & exit the facility and during their training session. If your child has a medical reason for not wearing a mask, please provide Edge with a note from their doctor.
- Please plan to arrive on time for your scheduled training time and stay in your car until 5 minutes before the scheduled start time of your class
- Players enter through the front doors of Edge.
- Players exit through the rear doors of Edge.
- Once players are inside Edge, they should go directly to the Boot Room and wait for the coaches to call them on the field
- Players should only bring their water bottle into the building. If they have medical items such as an inhaler or epi pen, they are welcome to bring those items in with them.
- Each player needs to bring a FILLED and LABELED water bottle to training, players will take their water bottle with them to their assigned field. Our water fountain is still temporarily cut off to eliminate gatherings around it and use by multiple players. Players will be able to use their water bottles at water break time and then go right back to their spot on the field they are on.
- Players must come to practice dressed and ready to train, including shoes. They will not be able to use any separate room to do so.
- Parents - Parents are welcome to come inside the building but will be required to wear a mask the entire time they are inside regardless of vaccination status. If a parent prefers to be outside or prefers not to wear a mask, you are welcome to watch the session from the garage doors at the rear of the building. The coaches will have 2 of the doors raised slightly so you can see inside from the outdoor turf..
- Campers - all campers attending our summer or track out camps will be required to wear a mask unless actively eating or drinking.
For Parents During Training Sessions
- Edge has re-opened our doors to parents.
- Parents/spectators can now watch their child train from inside Edge in our parent room. At this time, there is no seating on the field, and we kindly ask that all parents wanting to be inside watch from the parent room as we use the entire field for training. If you choose to enter the facility, you are required to wear a mask the entire time regardless of vaccination status.
- We will also continue to offer outside viewing from the garage doors as well. So for those parents/spectators who don't want to wear a mask or who prefer to be outside, they can continue doing that.
- We ask that everyone be respectful of each other. The most important thing is the safety, health, and well being of everyone. We have all done a good job of keeping everyone safe at Edge and we want to continue doing that.
Our Sanitation Protocol
- EDGE will clean and sanitize all frequently touched surfaces and equipment used that day at the end of each day.
- To prevent any germs from spreading our water fountains have been disabled and will not be available to use.
- Please DO NOT come to EDGE if your child or anyone in your household is experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms (these include but are not limited to runny or congested nose, cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, trouble breathing, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, etc)