Our Safety Guidelines and Practices
Edge Soccer programs is dedicated to the safety and health of our players, families, and staff. We follow the latest CDC and NCDHHS guidelines that now ease many mask restrictions and social distancing protocols. This is a welcome sign that our community is making great strides to a safe, new normal.
Below are our updated protocols as per CDC and NCDHHS guidelines as of 6/1/2021. We will continue to follow CDC and NCDHHS recommendations/guidelines for our safety protocols to keep Edge families & staff as safe as possible.
ALL Edge coaches, staff, and camp counselors have been fully vaccinated.
EDGE New Procedures
- Please plan to arrive on time for your scheduled training time and stay in your car until 5 minutes before the scheduled start time of your class
- Players will now enter and exit through the front doors of Edge.
- Everyone (players and staff) entering the facility will have their temperature taken and hand sanitizer put on their hands. If a fever (temperature greater than 100.4 degrees as determined by the CDC is a fever) is present, that person will be sent home. Once these checks are cleared the person must go straight to their assigned field.
- Players are now welcome to bring their soccer bags into the building.
- Each player needs to bring a FILLED and LABELED water bottle to training, players will take their water bottle with them to their assigned field. Our water fountain is still temporarily cut off to eliminate gatherings around it and use by multiple players. Players will be able to use their water bottles at water break time and then go right back to their spot on the field they are on.
- Players must come to practice dressed and ready to train, including shoes. They will not be able to use any separate room to do so. The BOOT ROOM is temporarily closed.
- Players - in our soccer training classes will be given the option to wear a mask. If you or your child prefer for him/her to wear a mask that's absolutely fine. If your child has been fully vaccinated, they have health issues, or you prefer for them not to wear a mask while training, that's absolutely fine too.
- Campers - all campers attending our summer or track out camps will be required to wear a mask as per CDC & NCDHHS requirements/guidelines.
For Parents During Training Sessions
- Edge is now re-opening our doors to parents/spectators!
- Parents/spectators can now watch their child train from inside Edge in our parent room. At this time, there is no seating on the field, and we kindly ask that all parents wanting to be inside watch from the parent room as we use the entire field for training. If you choose to enter the facility, your temperature will be taken and hand sanitizer will be applied.
- We will also continue to offer outside viewing from the garage doors as well. So for those parents/spectators who like to be outside can continue doing that. Summer is approaching and along with that comes high temperatures. Our goal in the summer heat is to keep the inside temperature comfortable for the players. So, if there are days where it will be very hot, we will have the garage doors closed. On those days we will try to accommodate more parents/spectators in other areas inside the building.
- Parents/spectators - will be given the option to wear a mask while at Edge. Please refer to the CDC & NCDHHS mask requirements if you have questions about mask guidelines for fully vaccinated & non-vaccinated individuals. If an individual feels more comfortable wearing a mask that is absolutely fine, but it is not a requirement by Edge now. We value everyone at Edge and your personal decision to wear or not wear a mas and we ask that everyone be respectful of each other as well.
Our Sanitation Protocol
- EDGE will clean and sanitize all frequently touched surfaces and equipment used that day at the end of each day.
- EDGE staff and coaches will have their temperature taken and hand sanitizer applied before starting work.
- To prevent any germs from spreading our water fountains have been disabled and will not be available to use.
- Please do not come to EDGE if your child or anyone in your household is experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms (these include but are not limited to runny or congested nose, cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, trouble breathing, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, etc)