We are looking for camp counselors that enjoy being around children, working with them, and are excellent at creating various games that engage all children and help them have a super fun day at camp. A typical day for a camp counselor could include:
- 9:00 – 9:30am – check in
- Morning activities/games
- Snack break
- Mid-morning activities/games
- Afternoon activities/games
- Late afternoon activities/games
- 4:30 – 5:00pm – pick up
This position is responsible for running all aspects of our camp program and enjoys working with campers in a fast paced and fun environment. Will also keep campers actively engaged and having fun all day and all week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan camp activities each day & week
- Greets and welcomes parents and children in a warm and friendly manner
- Resolves conflicts between campers in a fair, positive, and professional manner
- Develops positive relationships with kids and parents
- Updates parents and Edge management at the end of each day on any issues that need to be addressed
- Responds to parents questions, comments, concerns
- Has FUN!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive Attitude, high energy, enthusiastic, and has FUN!
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Ability to come up with games to be played at camp
- Ability to interact with children and parents
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Experience working with children ages 7 – 12
- Prefer prior camp counselor experience
- First aid certification preferred
- Background check is required and will be performed by The Edge Soccer Programs
- Documentation of legal U.S. residency
HOURLY WAGE: Dependent on experience
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification. The Edge Soccer Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and reasonable accommodations are made under the Americans with Disabilities Act as required by law.