LITTLE EDGERS COACH
We are looking for an individual to run our Little Edgers soccer program for players ages 3-5. This person will enjoy being around young children just starting out in soccer and physical skills development. This position will help children understand the very basics of soccer, engage them in fun activities, and help them to have a fun time! Positive attitude, high energy, and excellent interaction with young children and parents are a must.
This position is responsible for planning all activities and sessions for this program. You will use soccer as a tool to help their physical development and social interaction skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan activities each day & week that help develop a child’s physical and social growth around learning the game of soccer
• Lead small groups of children
• Greets and welcomes parents and children in a warm and friendly manner
• Develops positive relationships with kids and parents
• Responds to parents questions, comments, concerns
• Has FUN!
• Classes will be 2 mornings per week and possibly Saturday mornings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Understanding of soccer & technical training
• Understanding of child development & physical skills development
• Ability to work with young children and interact with them and their parents
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Positive Attitude, high energy, enthusiastic, and has FUN!
• Outstanding customer service
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Experience working with children ages 5 and under
• First aid certification preferred
• Background check is required and will be performed by The Edge Soccer Programs
• Documentation of legal U.S. residency
HOURLY WAGE: Dependent on experience
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification. The Edge Soccer Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and reasonable accommodations are made under the Americans with Disabilities Act as required by law.