We are looking for part time coaches who enjoy working with children, can actively engage them in training sessions, can help them learn and perfect soccer skills and drills, and can help each player reach his or her potential. We need coaches who have a passion for the game of soccer and enjoy passing that passion on to future generations. Positive attitude, high energy, and fantastic interaction with children and parents are a must.
This position is responsible for helping to coach training sessions of any of the programs offered by The Edge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with coaching training sessions
- Assist with set up & break down of the field and/or equipment for training sessions
- Greets & welcomes parents & children in a warm & friendly manner and at the end of training, walks them out & says goodbye
- Develops positive relationships with kids and parents
- Offers input to other coaches on training sessions that will help improve it, modify it, or would be great to add
- Be available for coaching week nights and/or weekends as schedule
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of soccer & technical training.
- Positive Attitude, high energy, enthusiastic, and has FUN!
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to demonstrate skills/drills being taught
- Experience working with children ages 7 – 16
- Prior coaching experience preferred
- First aid certification preferred
- Back ground check is required and will be performed by The Edge Soccer Programs
- Documentation of legal U.S. residency
Hourly Wage: Dependent on experience
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification. The Edge Soccer Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and reasonable accommodations are made under the Americans with Disabilities Act as required by law.